Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
I agree, Rights are Rights whether or not you agree with them.

My point is there are things the Federal government has power over and other things that States have power over. Like drivers licenses.

The Supreme Court looks like they are deciding Abortion law is not within the purview of the Federal gov but the State gov.

I do understand the idea of State's rights when it comes to abortion. The COTUS doesn't grant the right to govern abortion to the Federal government, which could imply it does not have the ability to do so. Unfortunately we live with a Federal government that has far outstripped its remit and bounds placed on it by the COTUS. There are so many things ways the Federal government has out paced the idea of limited government and State's rights and the rights of the people.

I do see how one could make a 9A and 10A argument for the right to abortion and keep it a federally protected right. Roe's argument was a 14A right to privacy which seems very end-means. Would one have a right to privacy if one is conspiring to commit a crime?

In the end I expect people to lose their minds over the decision but actual fail to read and understand what was decided, no matter how things are decided. I doubt most of the people protesting have even read Roe v Wade or could tell you what the mechanism used to get to the decision was, whether that mechanism was flawed or now. Today it is about people having temper tantrums cause they didn't get their way.

Uh, are you hitting on me by chance? blush