Our string quartet does a cover of BR ala T. Such a great tune. It's not easy to roll a jam in 7/8 time, and keep it bumpin.' And dropping that swing 4/4 breaks and jam section in the middle without losing pace is a real challenge. Nice rendition by Your Boys.

So... there is a chord sequence (changes) and construction form that's ubiquitous in Jazz standards. It's called "Rhythm Changes." HUNDREDS of tunes have been written on it. It's the structure that was used to write "I Got Rhythm," by George Gershwin (hence, the name: 'rhythm changes'). The structure is simple: First phrase is 8 bars of melody and chords. Second phrase is another 8 bars, directly repeated. A contrasting section of new chords and melody makes up the third phrase, followed by a reiteration of the opening 8 bars. The form is charted as : AABA. 32 bars- nice and neat. Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie and countless other Bop phenoms wore this form out when writing their tunes.

One of the most widely-heard and easily recognizable version of rhythm changes is the Flintstones theme. Straight-up rhythm changes. Listen to this UK phenom Jacob Collier do his own version. I've been in The Game for decades, and I've rarely heard anything as impressive. He not only nails the spirit of the tune, but he also arranged the hell outta this tune... key modulations, form extensions, an extended keyboard solo, and pitch-perfect sung harmonies. Hint: before listening to this, you should probably wrap a belt around your head to keep your jaw from hitting the floor.

Oh... and he also did it all in his bedroom while he waiting to graduate High School. Too ill for words.