Originally Posted by Milk Man
It's possible that was a stipulation from Watson's side that was necessary to close the deal.

In then end, winning, especially winning a SB, can mask the smell of mountains and mountains pig poop. See Kobe Bryant and Ben Roethlisberger. Also, neither franchise had their reputation tarnished.

All 22 cases will never go trial. At a certain point, Buzbee's time spent on every individual case in court will not be worth the ROI. He needs a big settlement for all 22 cases at one time. Hardin knows this and it's likely one of the reasons they are pushing for every case to go to trial. It's currently at a see who blinks first stalemate.

And that would have been the point at which I would have walked away from that deal. I pretty much would have handled it the way Miami intended to. I mean, we’re giving him the biggest contract in history, there was no give the other way?

And the Browns are sadly in a very different position than the Steelers and Lakers were. They had players that fell from grace long after they were on the roster and part of the city. The Browns actively went out and gave the biggest contract in history to a guy with almost 2 dozen(!) cases still pending, a guy that rejected them. I mean, how that doesn’t reflect very personally on the franchise and a city…. ?