Very quick. Explosive. Great lateral quickness. Takes good angles.

One other aspect that I've noticed: he can stick a tackle. In many of the video examples I've seen (including this one), he does it right- he tackles through the runner, and wraps him up. No YAC in these tackles. That is huge, because many times he's doing it in space, where a missed tackle could lead to a backbreaker big play. This aspect of D play has dogged Browns defenses for decades.

He really does look like the kind of player who could redefine the position. It will be interesting to see how DC's try to handle him, now that there's a whole season of tape on him. I can't imagine what wrinkles they might try, since he seems to break their schemes by simply playing unconventionally with that freakish combo of athleticism and instinct of his.

I really think he could be the vanguard of a next generation of NFL LB's: lighter, faster/quicker, more slippery, more reactive, less stack & shred- the next step as the game evolves. It only makes sense: the game is much faster now. Every position must evolve as the game changes. As much as I love him and appreciate all he did for us, I believe that Clay Matthews would probably be an average+ player in today's game... it has changed that much since his time in the league.

JOK is one of those players I want to watch from draft to retirement. He intrigues me that much.