Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
People talk about 22 women who are making claims. What about the 24 people who sat on two Grand Jury's to hear the facts and didn't feel anything should move forward?

The decision by the Grand Jury has been talked about extensively. I don't know if you missed it? There are literally dozens and dozens of posts/comments and discussion about it.

I

This is true, but (and maybe I'm only speaking for myself and out of my own ignorance) the conversation many times was steered towards the difficult conviction rate for the he said/she said nature of these crimes. What was left out (IIRC and IMO) was that getting charges to move forward is VERY different from getting a conviction... meaning you only need to establish probable cause... and in many courts (not sure where the TX grand juries fall on this spectrum) getting charges to move ahead is more of a rubber-stamping exercise.

TLDR: the failure in getting the grand jury to move forward on those charges might be a bigger deal than we originally thought/discussed.