I agree. Mightily. You face court hearings, NFL reps, sensationalize it on HBO. Even if you answered whatever questions, these and others not listed, because there will certainly be no end to them regardless of your response, my question is simpler: To what possible end? I see no requirement to convince, sway, or win over public opinion, which is not even vaguely defined as a group, or appease public opinion in an attempt to, well, what? Change minds? Persuade? Are we entertaining a "public" that is patient, open minded, swayable? Use this thread of fans as proof of the metric and measure of that reality. I feel this has been blown up, giving it a sideshow flavor that is rarely seen in NFL discipline cases.
If he is found at fault, he should pay up in appropriate fashion. The NFL should clarify where the rails are. And he should be allowed to move forward having done so. I am not trying defend any wrong, but public opinion vilifying him seems wrong. I am all for due process;; I have some real problems with undue process; prosecution bent can become persecution. FWIW