The past is the past. Unless someone finally comes up with that time machine, it's pointless to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-hash Baker's last 2 seasons.

I feel like I'm in a dwindling minority on this take, but I do think Baker is a 'good' QB and, therefore, has real value on the open market. I don't understand how Baker can go through the same off-season with diddly in terms of trade movement and Carson Wentz got his previous team draft picks.

I think Berry hanging onto him is reflective of the value he thinks Baker does, in fact, have. If nothing else, cutting Baker does absolutely diddly for the team... so might as well hang onto him in case a team picks up an injury and is desperate. I think Berry thinks extremely pragmatically, and people's (Bakers as well as the team at large) feelings really don't figure much into his decision-making, and so I'd be really surprised if Berry is losing any sleep over the lockerroom effects of Baker remaining on the roster as a lame-duck QB.

I think, with the rumblings of teams being interested but nothing significant ever materializing, that teams don't want to give up draft picks AND take on a bunch of his salary. I think this is also compounded with Baker's injury and lengthy rehab. Teams might want to actually see him looking good post-op before 'talking numbers'.

Speaking of injury, I'll be surprised if the team does NOT excuse Baker from mandatory activities. There's nothing gained from having him there, and he'll probably be limited anyway, depending on how his rehab is going.