I feel similar on some level but I also fully accept it’s all out if my control. Will Watson play, not play? Will Baker sit, be traded, come back?

I have no idea. So I just go about my life and see what happens. I’m not giving up my fandom. With or without Watson or Baker I’ve suffered through watching far worse rosters playing football over the years.

I have my thoughts on Watson. (Leaning towards the unfavorable.) I have my thoughts on Baker. (Leaning towards the unfavorable for different reasons.) In the grand scheme neither matter.
Maybe because I’m so far from Ohio it’s not ‘local news’ so I only hear about it here or my occasional glances at the NFL Network talkingheads while channel surfing. I only have three NFL fan friends. Two former Ohioans. One has since declared his fandom is over. He meant it. He sold all of his collectibles and such. Everything. Done. He doesn’t say anything to me about my looking forward to the season. Though we just don’t talk football anymore. It was only a piece of our friendship connection anyway. The other two have active lives that football is only a small fraction of. While fans they aren’t beholden to watch every game. I on the other hand try to catch every game. I rarely miss one. If I suffered through every Couch, Garcias 0.0 QBR, Weeden, JFF, etc snap I can certainly live with a Jacoby Brissett season if that’s what unfolds. We have a roster that can win. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle. Foles won a SB. Is Brissett that much worse?

Summary, to me football is entertainment. Nothing more. I ‘love’ the Browns but only as much as anyone should love something so intangible and nonreciprocal. I want entertained. I’ll let the courts and the NFL decide what’s next.

Go Browns.