Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Thank you for the excellent summary. I appreciate that.

We are not going to agree on this one and that's okay. I just want to make sure you understand that my main goal was to champion the rights of women and not to degrade trans. It's why I brought up coaches in the the WNBA and NBA and women's college hoops and other sports. Men don't have to take every damn thing from women.

Anyway, thanks again for explaining the video to me because I was too lazy to watch it. I do appreciate that. And bro, if you are not already doing it [you probably are] make sure that your daughters understand that they don't need no man to make it in life and they are capable of anything they put their mind to. We need to empower females.

yea we're cool. and yea i do empower them greatly. any dudes trying to get with my daughters are gonna have a very very high bar to clear.
Originally Posted by jaybird
I can understand some of what she said but disagreed with a good bit of it... she (and you) are correct that some win the genetic lottery which can help an athlete... no matter what drive I have, I'm never becoming a professional basketball player... but just because Lebron won the genetic lottery that didn't guarantee he'd be a world class athlete... there's more than genetics that goes into sports...

where I really disagree is that while it's true there are 'unfair' advantages for those who have better genes suited for specific sport... those genes are natural... most sports have always banned significant artificial advantages like performance enhancing drugs... there's still a bit of a slippery slope on what's allowed and what's not... but in general, significant artificial advantages have always been banned...

a biological male transitioning to a transgender female, specifically after puberty, could (and IMO should) be viewed as an artificial means to improve ones genetic make up for most sports (swimming, basketball, MMA, etc)...

While I don't necessarily agree with the IOC's rules on transgender athletes, I think it's about the best you can do if you are going to allow transgender athletes to compete.. it gets much slipperier though when you start to talk about high school and younger athletes..

i get it, but then it gets to the slippery slope of trying to dictate when a high school kid is allowed or not allowed to train and compete simply because they're trans.
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
[Linked Image from coloradotimesrecorder.com]

Caitlyn Jenner says hi.