and your opinion is correct. it's both a great experience to live over there, but unfortunate because it really opens your eyes to what our own country is and isn't.

For example, i learned from germans that Hitler was inspired by the US's jim crow and segregation policies on how to enact them in Germany. I also learned from germans that FDR and congress passed policies due to a big debate on what was essentially moral authority. like how could the US speak out about germany when we had our own racism thriving at the same time. that's why i take history so seriously than before i got stationed over there, because it was made clear that history isn't just story time to tell the kids before they go to bed; history is supposed to be taught to learn how situations in the past affect our society today, what did and didn't work, what went wrong, what went right, how to rectify the mistakes and build on the decisions that turned out well.

Germany ofcourse isn't perfect. no country is. but i really appreciate a country who doesn't lie about it's past and tries to ignore a problem instead of solving it. wish we had some of that in our country, bro.

but, ya know...