Originally Posted by FATE
Did you ever forget to send that birthday text... then days later you're like "pfftt... if I sent it now I'd would feel like an idiot"? On the surface, this isn't much different.

Beneath the surface, women who experience everything running the "sex gamut", from harassment to actual rape, feel guilty. Guilty like they did something to cause it, guilty for smiling or harmless flirting, etc, etc... but once they don't come forward immediately, it usually takes something drastic to change their mind. So whether they are a victim or a "gold-digger", an event such as the HBO special becomes impetus and an acceptable reason for either woman.

I think there are a decent amount of people with your point of view, although most won't say it out loud. I think it's a fair response, but it's basically DOA because there are so many accusations. Just as it is "unfair" to assume guilt, it would be outright ludicrous to think Watson is 100% "innocent". Assuming some of the women are lying is fine... trying to affix dishonesty on any single woman, strictly because of the timetable would be unfair, imo.

You also have to remember, we're living in a time where everyone is a "victim" and even second-guessing anyone's victimhood is vilified to the highest degree.

So yes, these are a very bad thing for Watson.

One of the best and most straight forward posts on the issue.

On this issue of the delay in reporting any misconduct - I do understand how on the one hand it might be bad optics but to focus on that is really to miss the overwhelming data that supports that most sexual assaults go completely unreported. I have seen various very high numbers from 70-80% of instances go totally unreported. Here's an article that suggests 80% .... with that in mind, I won't be casting any shade on these new cases coming forward.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-w...sault-remains-dramatically-underreported