While, I have differing opinions on Baker Mayfield than Vers....I certainly don't think his comment was "insinuating" that Brisset is a better QB. He is "probably" right that Brissett will "probably" turn the ball over less. He is "probably" right that his maturity may help things in the lockeroom. The point is...he has valid points. He "definitely" did NOT say that Brissett was a better QB. Any "insinuation" is an "interpretation" and "supposition" by the reader. That is on "US"...not him. And basing it on prior posts is not 100% fair. Past posts can provide some "context", but we still need to look at what was said. (Isn't looking at words as written supposed to be the society we are currently in?) Yes, we know Vers doesn't care for Baker...but that doesn't mean we have to put words into his mouth. (or into the mouths of any other poster)

Concerning Baker...we need to separate his "maturity" with him tapping into his emotions to "up his game". There is some correlation of the 2, but it is a fine line that Baker has not been always successful walking while at other times channeling it in an amazing fashion. With that said, his emotions were not, and are not, "always" a detriment in the lockeroom. And there were many that followed that energy in College and in the Pro's. I do think Brissett will turn over the ball less...but I also don't think he will throw for as much yardage or throw for as many scores. Baker is a bigger gunslinger with far more arm talent than Brissett. But in Brissett's defense...he also hasn't had an Oline and running game as he is getting in CLE.

We "seem" (in general) to keep saying the FO handled things poorly or Baker screwed this up... The point being in almost any discussion we act like our American political system and take extremes, looking for single causes to the issue/discussion at hand. Plenty of Blame placing on single entities. The reality is that is it usually somewhere in the middle...even if it could be slanted towards one side. There are always misunderstandings, that lead to a domino effect of actions and words.

The FO was placed between a rock and hard place...If they trade Baker before acquiring Watson, and then don't get Watson...they are in a REALLY bad place. But if they get Watson before they trade Baker they lose leverage in trading Baker. We do know they communicated with Baker's team. We don't know what Baker's Team told Baker. We know Baker plays his best with a chip on his shoulder(pun not intended...lol) and we can expect emotional responses and actions from Baker. I honestly believe Bakers letter to the fans was truly a "just in case" type of message...now was there misunderstanding between Baker and the FO...obviously...The FO may not have divulged the second visits, etc...and Baker may not have had the whole picture. He then makes some bad moves with his trade request (at the wrong time) and his podcast. Now is this completely on Baker....as he should have final say on his actions...but maybe they could also be a result of bad advice...This is not as simple of a case as the FO was crappy in their communication and/or Baker is immature...

And to come full circle...lets try and focus on "facts", not supposition, insinuations, and emotions. Insinuation and emotions only make the discussion worse. The discussion goes downhill from there. Opinions vary, and that is a great thing. And this is a place to express those opinions. But lets also take responsibility for our opinions. We do this by asking for clarification instead of insinuating...we do this by not attacking each other....we do this by not over-extrapolating what little is known and keeping an open mind(and if we do...we present it as an opinion, which is what it is, and NOT represent it as FACT). We do this by not jumping straight to the extremes....

Discussions on here have been tiring and exhausting and I don't come here for tiring and exhausting. I want to come here for fun, to gain new perspectives, to get news, and more importantly contribute to what should be an amazing community. But all I see is extremism, rudeness, dichotomy, and it isn't fun by ay means...

We can do better....