Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I don't know.................there are times when there are great conversations on this board. I've been on here and things are friendly. Not contentious. It's fun. it can be educational. I think that there are a few poster who kinda ruin it for all and that is why we have lost so many of the older posters that were once on here. Of course, those who don't like me will say that the same thing about me.

I will take some responsibility. I know I fight back w/a vengeance. This is a true story. I'm not the tallest guy, but I was built. Back in the day, I hated bullies. i fought them consistently. And I mean......literally. Fist fights. This story kinda epitomizes how I was. I was a RB on the HS team. Our biggest OL was in the same Algebra class as i was. he weighed about 260. LOL........this was in the 1970s and he was considered HUGE. Well, there was this kid who resembled Barney Fife in the most uncanny way. Tallish, skinny as can be, joints moving all over the place, etc. He even had a pocket protector. He gets called up to the chalk board and asked to solve an equation. On the way, our O-lineman trips him. Everyone laughs. Just like they always did when someone bullied this poor kid. I sat in the last row. A jock, but also a freak. [had to live back in that era to know what Freak mean.] I get up as the class was laughing and insulting the poor kid. I walk up to the big man and say.........>"You think that's pretty f....ing funny Rod? He says to get the hell out of his face and I drilled him as hard as I could.

Scenarios played out like that over and over. I despise bullies. Always have. Eventually, the Guidance Counselors sent me to the Boy's Club to box. There was no Boys and Girls Club back hen. Hell, it just helped me whup bullies in the long run.

Some of us live by this adage. Don't start a fight, but be damn sure to end one.

Like I said to Fate, we are all guilty of it. And I think the board reflects the times we are living in. Even before PP, politics were frequently discussed and highly partisan. Things get said in those environments. But I do my best to limit it to PP. Recently, I haven't done that very well. The DW thing is about all that is causing that. I don't care what you think about him or how you feel about it, that's your right. But I am going to express how I feel about it, and have been. Going back and forth with you might be a side effect of that for both of us. And I get along with Fate more often than not, but we go at each other from time to time too. Same with arch. Hell, Pit and I even butt heads from time to time with slight differences in our politics or world views. It just happens and I think few truly hate or despise anyone on here. We're just passionate. lol. I'll go with that.