Originally Posted by Floquinho
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I wish the entire conversation was available, but this is all I could find of it. Kimberly Martin talked about Snyder and some of his representatives investigated all sorts of people--including reporters and the Washington employees--to dig up dirt on them and then used intimidation to silence them. Clearly, the NFLPA and Watson's defense team can use some of this information about how the other owners have treated the Snyder situation in order to help in Watson's defense.
Listen to yourself…

As it stands right now, it doesn't look like the owners are going to remove Snyder (JMO). Goodell seemingly made the full stop saying he can't do anything about Snyder, which he obviously can- he can initiate a removal. I don't believe Goodell said/did that for Richardson. It would take 22 owners to vote him out, if I am not mistaken, which seems like quite a bit of back-room negotiating needed prior to a vote. If the NFL wasn't able to get a 2/3 commitment from the owners and went to a failing vote, that would be another PR nightmare. I bet these owners are scared Snyder might be willing to drop some damaging knowledge on them. You know there are a ton of skeletons in those owner's closets that they all know about.

As Snyder goes through the political pageantry again as we speak, the NFLPA is certainly watching very closely to what is going on. I still think Watson will be suspended but I don't think it will be as dramatic as some suspect or even wish.

In the end, I don't think the powers that be want to risk fully blowing the top off of the cash cow that is the NFL. Snyder being investigated and what could happen afterwards might be a disaster for the league. I think the NFL is probably thinking to themselves a modest suspension on a situation that will be inevitably fade away because of either (1) time or (2) another incident the league will need to address is worth not putting a full court press on.

We'll see soon. Since the schedule came out, I always felt after the Monday night game against the Bengals would be the right time to bring him back....so Week 9 against the Dolphins.