Originally Posted by EveDawg
It wasnt even an attempted coup. It was an out of control mob. Did you watch the video of them in the capital? They arent trying to take control of anything. They are walking around clueless.

You haven't been watching the hearings.
The mob was the weapon. The coup was the plot to subvert the transfer of power. A plot hatched at/near the top.
There is no debating this- it's all being laid out in front of the American public as I type this.

These hearings are 3 hours long. That means we've now had 15 hours of irrefutable testimony, dot-connecting and damning 1st-person reports of who said what at what specific time. Damning testimony that exposed plots to send fake electors and fake electoral ballots. Plots to replace key officials with lackeys that were foiled by decent people saying 'no- I won't break my oath for you.' A 7-layer plot, dissected on a lab table for all America to see, with Liz Cheney playing the role of Biology Teacher. 15 hours of this.

There is video evidence that these people knew they were at the Capitol to stop the proceedings- and said so, on camera. On purpose, with no prevarication whatsoever. They looked into the camera and said: "Trump sent us- this is our duty as patriots." They chanted "Hang Mike Pence," and had a hit list of officials they were trying to find. Plans for "quick strike" weapons deployment were in place, however clumsily executed.

You are wrong.
They looked like a motley mob, but that mob was handled/manipulated/used/aimed/directed every step of the way. It failed because these goons executed like baboons.

The tool didn't do this. The "craftsmen" did.
And they should be held to account.