Originally Posted by oobernoober
Was it that nobody else wanted to sell their soul for Watson like the Browns did? That's not true either. There was at least 1 other team that would've matched the Browns contract. This was reported and linked on here multiple times.

Were other teams totally undeterred by Watson's issues? Also false. Only 4 teams met the Texans trade demands out of the original 13 (and my emphasis is actually on the 13 number... a QB of his caliber that's obviously going to move and less than half the league is calling?). There was also the Dolphins... they were allegedly all set to fire on a trade and they backed out at the last minute, allegedly because of the impending civil cases that didn't have an end date at the time. It seems that the Dolphins were the only people that saw the impending ish-show and decided they wanted none of it. Kudos to them, I suppose.

That's the only team that it has been made public. But no, this entire thing started by Vers making claims that 13 teams made serious inquiries about watson. That they had shown serious interest. What we do actually know is one of the finalists in the watson sweepstakes backed out because of these legal issues. We have no idea how many teams may have weighed the risk reward factor and never considered him an option again after the initial call.

I feel anyone being objective here would have to admit the risk/reward factor was huge. In the end only four teams thought it was worth consideration to forego it and try to get him anyway. And one of those four backed out when the lawsuits couldn't be settled. What was ludicrous was claiming that 13 teams had serious interest to sign watson based on the fact 13 teams initially contacted the Texans about watson.

No team that didn't even know the price tag or where the lawsuits stood at the time had "serious interest". You can only consider something seriously when you know the cost, status and investigate a situation. Then and only then can you consider something on a serious level. Unless people think these owners and teams are total fools. There's a big difference between "let's look into this" and serious interest.