DAMN bro. Hopefully the antibiotics knock that out in a hurry!

Got bit by a bug in 2012 and got cellulitis. That night I could barely walk... pain shooting through my entire lower leg. Went to the doc on a cruise ship and they gave me antibiotics that were too week.

Two days later, during the drive home, it started swelling and wouldn't stop. By the time I made it to an urgent care my lower leg was nearly double the size. I described the pain as "burning ice picks stabbed into my leg bone".

Their antibiotics weren't working at all. That night -- hallucinating fever -- resigned to the fact that I was going to die from a bug bite on a cruise ship, no b.s. Went to the ER and got Cipro and x-rayed for blood clots as part of my leg was looking pretty shady.

That crap scared me to death.

I got it again a couple years later, doc said I have a higher risk of getting it again... and again.

"I'm going to prescribe amoxicil..."
"Oh, NO, you're going to prescribe Cipro!"

I ain't tryin' to play doctor, and I know you've got more going on as you just had surgery, but "red and burning" doesn't sound right after this time span. I'm glad you're getting some eyeballs on it tomorrow.

Be strong ~ stay strong. I know we're ALL pulling for you, and a quick recovery on all fronts.