Originally Posted by eotab
3 years without a 1st round pick is big time especially for a team that is on the edge of dynasty. Already we are looking at the loss of acquiring Jordan Davis as a building block and for 4 + years at a very reasonable salary. In the history of the NFL that has not bode well for teams giving up 2 years let alone us at 3. You have to continue to build a team and supply it with talent. The impact players are in the first 2 rounds. Teams who miss on their first round draft picks prove to be in a hole. Here we have nothing but a miss as we gave the picks up. Its big time in building a team and at the cross roads we were at - we are giving up the opportunity to acquire a championship Defense. Throwing the ball 50 times a game does not prove out well.

When I say bad trade its not Baker vs DW one on one. I'm talking about the big picture. Not getting a full season suspension is big time in the scenario. If we do the trade goes under "bonehead"

jmho

The way i see it is Watson is one of the 1st rounds, so IMo we gave up 2 1st rounders. I don't think it will be all that crushing.