Given my life's story, I'm a big fan of second chances.

I'm also a firm believer in the idea that a man should not be permanently branded by his worst moment. By all accounts, 27 has been the model team mate/citizen since Day One in Berea. I know he's repeatedly expressed gratitude to the Browns for helping him resurrect his reputation/career, and his actions bear out his sincerity. It's really been fun to watch, because I took that 'wait&see' approach when he got here. I waited. I saw. I really like what my eyes are telling me.

One other point: dude played his college ball 8 minutes from my house, so I got to see a lot of him on my tv before most folks even knew what a Kareem Hunt was (MAC isn't splashy like the SEC).* The Ohio/local angle is something that appeals to the homer in me. Love these stories.

I haven't spoken much about the elephant in the room, but I'll say this now: I hate that the DW acquisition has come with such a cloud of controversy. It would have been nice to have outbid all others for a squeaky clean (baggage-less) trade, but here we are. I've been doing my best to extend the same 'wait&see' to #4, as it's only fair. I expect suspension time. How much is anyone's guess. What I do know is that when he does make it onto the field, he'll be part of a backfield that will give DC's sleepless nights 4 days/week, and nightmares during the other three.

I'm sure it will be something to see.

I'm a BG Falcon. I spent a lot of time watching this dude make my team look like Wm. McKinley HS from Anywhere, Ohio. banghead rofl