I can understand your feelings. I was delivering the Plain Dealer when Jim Brown played for Paul Brown.

Becoming cynical as you age is a natural occurance. I guess.

The helmet and the city still means something to me. My hope is DW will become a better man. Hard to really know what was going on in his brain.

I want to believe that he is a young man who stepped outside his normal behavior. Maybe at one point he was propositioned. Got away with it and then pursued more. Who knows?

Is he really a bad guy through and through? It does not seem that way. He had a great reputation in the community and with teammates.

His future is still in front of him. He can correct himself and find a better path if he chooses. I can hope for that.

I don't know Haslam. My guess is that he is not much different than most billionairs. I can not fault him for making the trade. It was his to make. It may prove to be a good decision in the long run. If DW not only wins but sincerely wants to do the right thing. I won't condemn him for life if he properly conducts himself going forward. People make mistakes. It is what they do afterward that becomes important.

I would like to cheer the guy.

I posted this somewhere before. Miles Davis was wife beater and by many accounts could be cruel. I don't really know what he was as a person.

But when I listen to Round about Midnight and Kind of Blue. I go to a happy place. I don't care about him as a man. I just love the music.

I still cheer on Sunday but I will never be the boy I was when I was delivering the papers. It will never mean as much as 1964.