Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by mgh888
I will still and maintain - 10 games or more makes this a bad trade.

I'm not trying to comment on how you feel about the whole thing, but I do disagree with your approach.

IIRC, 10+ game suspension means his contract doesn't count against our cap (negligible impact as it's tiny), and doesn't toll a year (huge impact).

Actually I believe that is factually incorrect. My understanding is that it takes six games to consider it an accrued season. A ten game suspension would make watson active for 7 games.

Accrued seasons: Used to determine a player's free agency status (unrestricted, restricted, exclusive rights). In order to accrue a season, a player must have been on (or should have been on*) full-play status for at least six regular-season games in a given season.Mar 12, 2021

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know

Maybe there's a way the Browns could circumvent this by not making him active for 2 additional games so he would only be active for 5 games. I'm not sure about that one way or the other. But that would just throw more shade on the Browns in the eyes of the NFL.