I dabble in it. I built 2 6 shelf pipe supported shelving assemblies that sit in the family room on either side of the fireplace. I used 8/4 cherry, sanded to 400 grit, stained caramel and polyurethane finish. I will say they are beautiful, and everyone that’s sees them has been impressed. The bottom shelves are 15 1/2 inch with the rest 11 1/2 inch. The stereo gear including turntables need a home. They are abut 62 inches wide and just over 8 feet high. That took some time.

I took some of the leftover cherry and built 2 matching record racks a couple years later. They are similar to the open crate Peaches design, but with an open front. The end pieces have mitered corners.

This year, I built 3 more record racks using the same design.

Generic tools, small 10 inch dewalt table saw, miter jigs, drill, pipe clamps, sanders, hand and belt. I borrowed a friends biscuit cutter last time, and will probably buy one if that project comes along. There is a craftsman router in a box that has not been used in 30 years.

I am tempted to buy a planer and band saw. My dream is to build a new dining room table.

My wife is supportive of my hobby and probably could keep me busy for several years.

My hesitancy is I do not like sanding.