Originally Posted by Clemdawg
.... this issue raises a conflict in me unlike any player's who came before. Guilty/not guilty, doesn't matter from my perspective. It's the stain on the logo that bothers me.

Well put, and thank you for putting your feelings out there (a couple times now). Believe it or not, I feel exactly the same as the part I quoted. The only part I differ is what follows after what I quoted. I'm trying to stay neutral on the whole thing until the truth comes out. It's more hope than anything... I'm hopeful that my Browns fandom can stay intact. I don't see how I can root for a guy who is how his accusers describe. I remember feeling outrage when Hunt arrived in town... and there was a gap between the outrage and when he started restoring some goodwill. This still feels different, though. I don't know if my trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because of my football fandom says more about me than anything else, but approaching this whole story with a patient skepticism is what I've decided and I'm sticking to it.

This whole saga has had me in knots at times because there's a personal thing going on in parallel. How should we treat people that have done stuff like this? At what point is someone no longer redeemable?