Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
I don’t like being right in this case but I felt strongly the NFL would appeal the 6 game ruling. And like I said, I’m not a conspiracy guy but going light with the original ruling very conveniently allows the NFL to swoop in and be the good guy. PR chess.

I’m still of the feeling that a negotiated settlement is likely. Something in the neighborhood of of 8-12 games and several million dollars. We’ll see. He’ll play this year but the season may slip away. If Brissett managed 5-5 or even 6-4 there’s no guarantee that Deshawn isn’t rusty when he gets back.

Sue Robinson is in bed with NFL.
Originally Posted by Dave
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I hope black America unites and screams for justice. Big Ben gets 4 games for rape charges. The NFL wants an indefinite suspension for the black dude for allegations that are far below rape. The white owners get off, but the black qb does not. Being born into wealth provides protection and privilege. Working your way up due to hard work and your talents if you are black doesn't afford you a damn thing other than we can knock you down because you don't belong.

This is pandering and race hustling at its worst.

It's only pandering and race hustling because you don't like the opinion, do not like Watson, and was/are a Baker fan. It's no coincidence that the the most vocal anti Watson guys are big Baker fans. That is not a coincidence.

Well you guys got what you wished for. I hope another non-playoff season is enjoyable for you.

Me, personally, I only care about watching winning football and am unapologetic about it. With Watson we had a good chance of watching winning football. Without him we won't make the playoffs. That is not enjoyable to me. We will also have wasted another year of Myles, Chubbs, and Bitonios primes. So we jeopardize further seasons of winning football. I cannot think of anything less enjoyable than watching continuous losing over and over and over again season after season after season. I don't care if the players are nice, mean, personable, bad people, good people, etc. Don't care. Just frigging win.

If you're telling me that you can't enjoy a winning season if Watson is your QB, I respect that decision. But i am not in that camp. I will still tune in and watch every Sunday and hope like hell they win. Now, I am debating on canceling Sunday ticket. Or maybe I'll adopt the Raiders.