I hope you're right, but I don't see it. Plus, this would have to mean four things happen...

1. Stefanski is good and can out coach the other side. Still a question mark.
2. Woods is good and can get the defense playing like the legion of boom. Big question mark.
3. The defense gets a nasty attitude and actually plays like the legion of boom because a group of those players refuse to lose. I don't think the defense has those types of personalities.
4. Njoku becomes the best tight end in the league because the Browns have next to nothing in the passing game. Very unlikely.

Plus, when the team figures out they have no chance to win, the injury bug will hit them hard.

Strap yourselves up. It's going to be a long, very unenjoyable season. Stefanski will take the fall at the end of the year, and although the Watson mess isn't his fault he'll likely deserve it because he can't raise the level of play of the team.

This is why the QB is so important. Lafleur is the winningest coach in the history of the NFL in his first three years and no one thinks he's a good coach. QBs cover up so many warts.

I'm not mad at the Browns for the gamble. Baker wasn't good enough and didn't work hard enough. They weren't going to win with him, make multiple playoffs, etc. But the gamble didn't pay off. The result will be a pretty sub standard product on the field.

The only thing that could save the season is trading for Jimmy G, but Berry has such a fascination with carrying over cap space that it's probably not.going to happen. They'll sell us on riding with Brissett until about week 4 when we are 1-3 and Stefanski starts showing up to press conferences with that shell shocked look he had most of the second half of last year. And round and round we'll go until the end of a miserable season with 8 months to wait until the next one...and probably still no answers at quarterback.