Regarding Watson and the Browns... I'm sure they're disappointed, but per the trade they made to get him and the contract they gave him, this wasn't a 1-year all-chips-in-the-middle type of move. This move was made for the next 5,10,15 years in mind. IMO, the FO is of the mindset that they just need to ride this out best they can and it'll just end up being a speed bump in the grand scheme of things. I think they're pragmatic like that.

That said....

I thought about it yesterday, and my opinion is that I hope this whole thing goes nuclear-level ish-show from here on out. I hope everyone starts suing everyone, the Texans somehow get involved again, stuff gets leaked, we gotta go back to the arbitrator multiple times. I'm talking never-before-seen-not-even-by-the-NFL level incompetence and hypocrisy leading to all the drama and outrage imaginable because every person involved has more than earned it at this point (Watson, the Browns with their exhaustive investigation nonsense, the NFL for doubling down on its sham process, the Texans for enabling and then slipping through the cracks, and even Tony "they didn't call enough so I stopped picking up the phone" Buzbee. I hope they all catch fire at some point going forward.