Originally Posted by FATE
"Rookie kicker Cade York made his first 17 attempts in field goal drills before missing the last try Friday. He was wide right from 58 yards."

Way to go kicker-dude! Miss a few now while they don't count!

And I don't really count misses from 58 yards as "real" misses. Those are maybe even past the coin flip miss range. I also heard Jimmy D reporting that the kick hit the upright, at the very top of the upright where the wind flag is attached. He said it looked to have the distance to be good from 65 yards.

I wanted him before the draft and said I would take him with one of our 4th rounders. At this point I have seen or heard nothing to disappoint. The cautionary note is training camp kicks don't mean anything unless the kicker is missing kicks right and left. For now it looks good, but it has to carry over to the season. The good thing is kicking is pretty straight forward. Either you are making kicks or you aren't. I have also read that he and a select few have been going down to the stadium on a regular basis to kick towards the Pound as part of the practice routine to experience wind conditions down on the lake.

I am not all that worried about game conditions. He kicked in the SEC which is one big stadium after another. Big crowds, some for some against. It's not like he hasn't kicked in front of 60,000 or more crazed fans before. No doubt the pucker up factor increases just as it increased from Friday night to Saturday night kicks. Now he has to do it on Sundays. I expect he will. Just do what you do.