Originally Posted by steve0255
Originally Posted by jfanent
I think the Browns should be investigated to as to their knowledge of the problem.

Why on earth would you think that? To what end?

Just a couple of reasons. The Browns said they did an exhaustive comprehensive search into Watson that started I believe sometime in early November, and they were comfortable with what they found. What did they find?

The Texans settled 30 civil suits for basically enabling Watson. Now there's ripple's wanting the Texans investigated and held accountable by the NFL for their part in the Watson saga. Depending on what the Browns discovered or what the Texans may have told the Browns (surely there was talk between the teams prior to the trade), did the Browns receive information about Watson's predatory actions or the Texans trying to cover things up prior to the suit and not report that to the NFL?

Are the Browns equally guilty of enabling Watson if they had information of Watson and the Texans indiscretions and not report their knowledge of the violations to the NFL or have the Browns just been totally buffaloed by Watson's claim of innocence and the Texans silence even after claiming they investigated the player and the allegations for over 4-months but didn't discover any of the items we now know as being true based on the NYTimes investigation, NFL investigation, Judge Robinson's determination of PCP violations and the Texans settlement?

I'm not saying the Browns did anything wrong, but they should be looked at to make sure that they didn't have previous knowledge that they should have reported to the NFL and basically just did a very poor job of vetting Watson before they traded for him and gave him the biggest guaranteed contract ever in the NFL just because they didn't do a good job of vetting him.

It sounds like you want them investigated to provide "gotcha" points for the extreme anti Browns/DW folks. Nobody's going to launch an investigation for that. There has to be some evidence to support that they did something to violate the law or NFL rules and policies.