Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I don’t think any of those players bone just listed would really help us right now. Our only issue is QB. Brissett can be what Baker was last year.

Yet an injured Baker had slightly better stats than a healthy Brissett last year. But you see, Baker is healthy now. So the real question would be is a healthy Brissett as good as a healthy Baker? Remember before you answer, a healthy Baker helped lead this team to the playoffs in 2020.

I don't think there's any way that people can compare Baker to watson. Watson is clearly a better QB when he's available to play. But some of this crazy BS of fans trying to convince themselves that a healthy Brissett can be compared to a healthy Baker is just as foolish as someone who would try to compare a healthy Baker to a healthy watson.
I think you are correct - but as I mentioned somewhere else, Baker's injury for 15 games last year are becoming a myth and omitted in any current conversation about performance last year. What might be interesting is if he performs even remotely close to the second half of 2020 or the first couple games last year with a bad Panthers team, I wonder how the narrative will be twisted?