Originally Posted by Floquinho
Originally Posted by bonefish
Just a question.

How are you aware of how "communication" has taken place within the Browns.

"Negative reactions on how they handled Hunt." Hunt went public with a trade request. He is under a contract.

And Berry is at fault? I don't fault Hunt for asking but how is there a failure on Berry's part? Because he said no.

What communication around DW and Baker? Do you know what was said by whom?

From everything I have read about Berry the players like and respect him.

The Browns made a decision about Baker that every organization makes about their players. If we can find an upgrade that we feel will improve the team. We will we persue that player.

Rams did that with Goff. 49er's did that with Garoppolo.

The Browns went after Wilson. It did not work out. They went after DW. They got him. The contract was part of the reason. The contract was written like most contracts where the first year was made low for cap reasons. The guarantee is what other pro sports do.

You agree to pay the guy and you insure he gets his money. If you were a player is that not what you would want? I should make x for this many years. You (the team) have to agree guarantee to pay me. What a concept. The NFL doesn't like that. Well to bad NFL. How do they get paid in their dealings?

Is Goodell's money guaranteed? Oh a player wants his money that is different.

"The other owners don't like it." That is because they have to put the money in escrow. Gee the owners want to use that money while they pay monthly terms. Ok how about you pay interest then? Well the owners don't want that.

"What we have here is one way communication."

If everything is so well handled why don’t this good leadership translates to less drama and more success?

Why do many respectable TV hosts and media pundits call our organization dysfunctional?
Why do “problems” related to the Browns often dominate off season discussions instead of us being the interesting talking point during game weeks?
Where does the word Cleveland Clowns comes from?
In our latest major press conference that included both our GM and HC it was called a funeral by Rich Eisen? Why is that?
Why’s Pat McAfee pessimistic about our chances this season and says there’s to much drama in this organization?
Our beloved Colin Cowherd says all the other owners dislike our owners? Why’s that? Not to mention all other things he says. Why us and the sad part is that he’s often right. That irritates me the most and sometimes I want to “punch” his ugly face because I hate when he says he’s right. Poof. .
Why do Roger Godell wants to hit the “hammer” on us/DSW?

If we always believe that it’s somebody else’s fault and we as a organization and supporters isn’t willing to look ourself in the mirror then nothing will change.

And for the record. I really wanted to embrace Andrew Berry to my heart. Young, ambitious, intelligent and well spoken. Not to mention his color of skin, it was exactly what this organization and the NFL needed on that position. That’s why I’m extra disappointed. Things can change but right now it’s lots of room for improvement.

Regarding Stefanski I simply don’t rate him as a elite HC. Nothing else.

This has NOTHING to do with leadership. Every question you just proposed has to do with outside entities making assumptions/opinions about a business they aren't a part of. They are here to cater to your emotions and grab your attention, b/c they know you are attached to that team.

Think of our previous regimes. A good portion of our previous regimes, there was always some REAL issues. What I mean by that is, Sashi/Dorsey/Hue issues. Ray Farmer calling the sidelines during games, Lombardi and whoever he was fighting with. Kokinis and whoever the Man person was. That right there is a good portion of our previous regimes since 1999.

Now name who is fighting within our FO / coaching staff. Is there anyone? Am I wrong? This is showing a piece of good leadership.

I honestly could go on and on with this group and the leadership they have shown. The media can talk all they want, that's their job. Heck, a few years ago they were talking about the issues between Bill B and Tom Brady when they were together. They were at the top of their game....and the media still had plenty of negative segments about them.