Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I wasn't able to watch the game and trying to learn things from the Game Day thread was exhausting. So, thanks for the information. I'd appreciate any info about how players looked from anyone else who watched the game. Seems like Watson played poorly? Did all the OL starters play? How did Winfrey look? Sounds like Thomas was active. Did J. Phillips play and did he look improved if he did play? How did Greedy do? Did Bell play?

I understand Watson played poorly doesn't do it justice. And it's not the whole thing. ONE, none of the offensive skill players played, not Hunt, or Chubb, I don't remember if either of the 2 TEs did, but Cooper was out, Bell Wr was out because of injury, I heard those pregame,
and the 6th round WR from Okla wasn't going to play iirc,
It's not that Watson played poorly.
It was that the offense, was a disaster while Watson was in there,
In fact, I'm pretty sure the radio broadcaster used the words honestly and trainwreck in the same sentence description, at or about the 6rh offensive snap.
I remember the first two offensive plays were passes, maybe playaction, but uickly developing into a known pass situation at the dropback after the snap, and both uickly incomplete. On one of the first two drives- one of the 3rd down plays was a pass, kind of one of those forced into the spot throws we've seen in the past, and it just wasn't there. At some point Watson on Camera was, ya know, pointing and discussing with his teammates while coming off the field.

The OL starters, ... Conklin did not play, LT played I forget who, iirc. Bitonio, Harris, Teller, and RT I think was supposedly a starter to, though I don't think it was Hubbard or Conklin, I think the OL starters all played except Conklin, I just didn't hear/remember their names.

How did Winfrey look. They tried to upplay Winfrey for a couple of good plays on the broadcast but, I dunno, that's largely just my opinion though. The Defense played exceptionally, were just ok-to pretty good in the first uarter, but
after the 2nd uater on, the defense made a bunch of big plays. Isaiah Thomas, looked like a Gem or a pass rusher out there, and got beat around the corner once, I, T, had 2 sacks iirc, maybe a forced fumble.
Rochelle had a big sack / fumble there to.
The Refs took away a fumble recovered by the Browns where the Jags @b literally was being flung when he released the ball.

Alex Wright De may have played but was invisible.
Isaiah Thomas was Not invisible played like wow.
UDFA Safety Anthony Bell was not invisible played well
Listen: Javonte Moffatt, I'm glad to see him back, I think around February I saw his name on the Jets roster? Jovante Moffatt was in the game in a Browns uniform and made plays I like Moffatt, he has some of the same road to making the team had to prove it as others.

The starting Db's they made some plays, the ones who did play, (the I's ) made some plays in the red zone but gave up one complete pass early on the first couple snaps of the Jaguars game, a 40 ish yard pass.
The first @uarter DL against the run, was either bad, or whew he didn't break that reach tackle, or sporadic, so it wasn't good.

There were some defenders, who made some plays while blitzing, tackles for loss, by the Browns against the Jaguars who I don't remember having heard their name ever before.
J Phillips may not have played or was invisible to me.
How did Greedy play, Greedy played pretty dang well even though the refs got him on an illegal contact iirc, or grab.

Tony Fields Lb played, and got a call against him on a late hit, that even the TV announcers said there was nothing he could have done that he broke off contact. But Tony Fields I like him and I think he had more good than bad out there.

Tommy Togiai played at some point early. I do remember after a good Browns play on defense early, I couldn't tell exactly who did what but they were , (yes they were) they were praising Jordan Elliott.
The Defense, Man the defense played like they have 30 players who could make plays during the regular season.