I haven’t wanted to post about this situation on the board since this started. This is not a good place for a woman to discuss these types of situations. Many of the posts I have read by men on this board have been disturbing, to say the least.

I’ve been posting here for a couple of decades, so I do feel the need to chime in a bit. I doubt I respond much after posting this, as I said, some of the men on this board are coming from a place I just can’t imagine.

I think the biggest issue is how elite high school, or even younger, athletes are treated. They are given everything and bad behavior is excused by everyone. Even if they are violent or being inappropriate in sexual encounters. They don’t understand boundaries. They think this behavior is normal.

Honestly, I think that’s what Watson thought. It’s pathetic, and yes, predatory, but I doubt he even had a thought process to understand it. Again, sad that someone is that emotionally deprived, but it just seems that way with him.

I’m not excusing anything he did. What I am hoping is that he learns from this. I’m going to have a hard time rooting for him, but hoping he can redeem himself.