Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I don't know the exact numbers, but I don't have a problem w/those who are uncomfortable w/Watson. It's a personal choice that I respect.

I was talking about how I knew certain posters would defy the logic of the claim made by multiple analysts. Everyone understands that he chose to not play for the Texans last year. Everyone knows he got paid. No one is disputing that. However, he would have definitely been traded last year had the threat of possible criminal charges not been in the mix. Denying that is foolhardy. Furthermore, if he pays a fine that is equal to or close to last year's salary, it is not illogical to see how that is punishment.

What I find odd is that we have posters actively campaigning for the Browns to be punished on a Browns fan site. That's crazy. Not rooting for the team is one thing. Actively campaigning for them to be punished is another. I could see posting that way if you were on a neutral site or another team's site, but calling out fans of the Browns for rooting for the Browns is crazy. Hell, I get complaining about a player, a coach, FO personnel, the owner, etc. But to actually champion the cause of something that will hurt the Browns and their fan base seems cruel. Not sure what joy people have in making fans of a team miserable by constantly wishing will ill on the team.

So, in your world -- people are allowed to be "uncomfortable", just not so much so that they say anything negative about Deshaun on a browns message board? That would be "actively campaigning" for the Browns to be punished and conduct unworthy of a fan?

You know what's crazy bro? That everything you throw out as your opinion is somehow a benchmark as to whether anyone else should be judged as a "true fan".

And in this case, I don't really care which other "analysts" are pimping the idea, it is illogical.

Saying Deshaun should get "credit for time served because those meddling women prevented him from being traded" is BLAMING THE WOMEN.

If you really think the NFL is about to do a 180... after public pressure, after Sue Robinson's words and description of his actions, after "unprecedented" behavior... and blame the women? You are truly living in a world of make-believe.

You can simply refer to those women as "the allegations", but that's not going to make this fly. It's like standing in court and trying to convince the judge the car crash would have never happened, if not for your excessive speed, and blame the speedometer. It's a whack take, and I don't think you need a certain level of Browns fandom to call it what it is.