Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
Wills came into camp in great shape, but unfortunately that has yet to help him in improving his pass protection.

Jake Burns did a nice film breakdown of our offense vs Jacksonville and (the truth is sometimes bitter in the belly) Wills was getting beat like a drum on inside counter moves, which led to a holding call on one occasion. The head scratcher is that as a former RT you would think that his right hand muscle memory would be better than he has shown to date.

Thanks for the info. Again, this is a big year for him.

I skim read through the scouting reports yesterday after steve's claim. His feet and athleticism stood out. Also, he plays w/a mean streak was mentioned a lot. That draft class produced Wills, Becton, Thomas, and Wirfs. There was a lot of debate about those guys. Wirfs has been the best of the bunch, but he is strictly a RT.

I know you study the draft and I like reading your opinions on the subject, so I will mention this to you. It used to be easier to evaluate college offensive linemen, but since the game has changed and most colleges employ what is basically a one-read system, it is now much harder to evaluate how these guys will translate to the NFL and almost damn near impossible to evaluate how QBs will fare in that regard, as well.