Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I remember hearing Rock Hill mentioned. It's in SC, but is closer to to Charlotte than Columbia. I haven't heard any news about it quite awhile, but I haven't been looking for that news. I have a feeling people have just accepted the locale or moved on.

Man, you are right about the dome thing. Columbia is one of the hottest places you will find. It's in a little bowl and the dew point is often upwards of 70. It can be oppressive. Charlotte is probably not as bad, but it's still has to be awfully hot in August and September for Panther home games.

I know Rock Hill is a stone throw away from Charlotte...I just don't think they are going to go as far away as Columbia. As you said, it's about the Gamecocks there, and past Rock Hill there isn't a whole lot until you get to Columbia.

I know what you mean about Columbia. I spent some time there on the job when they got backlogged. It is the eastern end of the southern heat belt...a swath running from there through Macon, Ga, Montgomery, Ala, Jackson Miss down to New Orleans. It's just a combination of heat and humidity that is hard for many people to understand.

Just like many chuckle when a place like Atlanta gets shut down with 2 inches of snow, the same down here happens when people in Chicago go bonkers when the temps hit 95. I mean that is a every day deal for 3-4 months down here.

My wife and I have joked for years that the weather people here in Chattanooga have a easy job in the summer. Just pin up "High around 95 with a chance of afternoon thunderstorms" and just take off from early June until a week after Labor Day.