Originally Posted by THROW LONG
At the end of the day I"M a Fan, I don't give a splash about the business of it.
The first game is going to be Understandably AWkward.
Jacoby Brissett I just CAN"T. I Can't with Jacoby Brissett. It feels like the team is mocking me as a fan to ask me to root for Jacoby Brissett.

What the football. I've almost never felt like this. I don't know when I'll root for the Browns again.
but right now I totally don't give a blank.

I think - in the really bad years - that's how most fans felt immediately after the season, or maybe week 10 when we were out of it. Then the debate would be about throwing in the towel for better draft picks or how important it was to instill a winning culture and how bad for players tanking was.... Then after a few weeks, after the Super Bowl, February on .... then we'd all put our Brown's colored spectacles on. We'd start to imagine dramatic turn arounds, diamonds in free agency, a stunning draft class with contributors in every round. By the time the draft took place and training camp was here = we'd be full blown homer-fan. Win oss records would be wildly skewed in unrealistic expectations .... and then the season would start and by week 3 we'd realize it was all definitely a pipe dream.

This off season is different - right now as we enter the season proper it feels like with JB as starter, with the suspension and drama around Watson: that uneasy feeling gnawing away in your stomach feels just like an end of season, frustrated, can't believe I wasted so many Sunday afternoon knot. It shouldn't feel like that - and for many (Bone for one) it doesn't - but I think it sort of feels that way for me. The joy and optimism normally experienced at this point, on the cusp of the season .... all sucked the hell out of me.