Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Stefanski likes go for it on 4th quite often. Some disagree (scenario depending) and that's fine, doesn't mean you are right or wrong. That's his Mo, I'm good with it.

I have no problem going for it on 4th downs when - as a team - you are successful at a minimum percentage rate as that of the analytics that drive the narrative that it's the right call. If your team consistently does not make the 4th down conversion at the required success rate - then the narrative that it's the right call falls apart. We're 0-1 this year - let's keep track of the numbers.

Last year Stefanski led the NFL at one point in going for it in situations where statistics suggest it was the right call - but the results were below average, meaning the execution/result didn't align with the theory. I think that's why you see a few posters wanting KS to dial back on the 4th down attempts. Again - great if you convert at league average. Not if you don't.

I see. Well, if you are going to keep track…we completed a 4th down with a QB sneak up the middle (we were 1 for 2). Analytics so far is showing you are 0 for 1 in keeping 4th down stats. tongue (I’m messing with you)

As I said, I’m not saying anyone is right/wrong with their thought/feelings on it.

I won’t speak for last year, because that opens up a whole new conversation.