Haha, this seems like a loaded question, bro. I have an EV and also a gas car. The EV is rather nice. We drove to Florida with it and the trip really wasn’t bad. Sure it took longer than the van, but it actually wasn’t all that bad. As far as the pollution and everything else goes, I thought that I read somewhere from the EPA showing the statistics along with a myths listing that shows an EV is actually still more environmentally friendly over its life cycle than the average gas car. I’ll need to find that link because I researched that before I pulled the trigger on buying the car.

As far as the metals, yeah lithium is a problem. I looked to see what the potential solution is. I googled something like “lithium replacement for batteries” and there is some stuff underway. I don’t know how long into the process they are, but there are other alternatives. I think magnesium is being looked into as one of them.

When it all comes down to it, I remember one poster - I won’t say who but the phrase is probably a dead giveaway - who said “Gas forever!” But that’s just the thing. Gas can’t be forever. Plus, even though lithium is a problem, it’s not exactly like the petroleum producing countries are all rock stars. I agree that a lot of the pressure on shutting things down and punishing current industries is dumb, but I also think we have to move forward.