Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by Swish
so here i am, thinking that the conservative response to the new Italian PM was being overstated.

then i remembered what country i'm in:

Tucker Carlson Suggests GOP Should Be Like Italy’s Fascist PM, Who He (Incorrectly) Says Isn’t Fascist (Video)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tucker-carlson-says-gop-italy-045615509.html

in just in case people need the video evidence:

so i did watch the full video, that way i avoid the posters who would claim i'm taking it out of context. and i've seen the other responses to this victory as well from media outlets and such. you conservatives are really on this WW2 era leadership phase of history, huh? Went from Mussolini, Stalin, and Hitler, to now Trump, Orban, Putin, and Meloni.

what is it about conservatism that just attracts you guys to authoritarian figures and/or outright tyrants? really strange.

I don't know a lot about her but it seems like her whole platform she ran on was focused on God, family, country, balancing the budget, and blasting their govt locked down Italy during Covid and long after.

I guess to Europeans, that would be fascist?

funny, thats how early last one of the crap leaders i just mentioned started out as well. but that just doesnt register with you, huh...

so, because someone run on God, Family, a balanced budget, and County... we shouldn't elect them? I think the world needs to wait and actually see what she does before we start calling her Mussolini.

good lord dude. that's what she running on, and i'm literally pointing out aspects of her ideology/career/agenda that states that God, Family, a balanced budget, and country aren't the things she actually cares about.

this is why its so frustrating talking to you. politicians in THIS country run on certain platforms all the time, and yet you and me and others ALWAYS look at their actual record, what they've said and done while NOT on the campaign trail, as well as who they are associated with and who funds them.

yet ALL OF A SUDDEN when it comes to this one, for WHATEVER REASON, you take her at her word. there's just no reason to evaluate her the same way you would any other politician. this is the same damn thing conservatives did with trump. just screw everything else. with THIS specific person, he's running on a great platform and really means it. same thing with her. screw all the evidence, screw her actual track record, you believe her.

DT, i asked this question:

what is it about conservatism that just attracts you guys to authoritarian figures and/or outright tyrants? really strange.

and the responses were disappointing. it's very clear that conservatives are attracted to authoritarian figures because they seem to be unable to learn from history, recognize red flags, and easily fall for propaganda.

that, or they do recognize everything. they just LIKE those beliefs and the politicians that represent fascist ideology.