Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by mgh888
I think we all guessed/recognised you can't flip a car 'several times' without going pretty fast. Even a light weight sports car like MG's Porsche. Honestly - 65 in a 45 isn't as bad as I feared. Bottom line.... hope he gets healthy - hope he participates in some driving school which will probably be mandatory, and move on and be better and safer the other side of this.
They're citing him with failure to control. They know his record of "speed"... but can't accurately predict it in this case. It was probably much faster than 65. You have troopers being lenient because they're happy they weren't prying dead bodies from the car... and probably think there is a good chance Myles has learned his lesson.

it could've been faster. but when i look at the damage and the environment, him wrecking around 65 isn't surprising.

people gotta remember what that day was up here. it was the day that it rained HARD on and off all day. then you have to take into account that its a Porsche, so he's on summer tires, being either the michelin super cups or the pirelli p zeros. not bragging here, but i had the bmw M6 with pirelli's, and i can tell you for a fact that i wouldn't be caught dead driving the M6 in the kind of weather Myles was driving in, cause the ass end of that car is BEGGING to slide out. so we got that factor, hydroplaning, etc. Lead has/had a corvette Z06, and im sure he can tell you how dangerous the ride could be with summer tires even in DRY conditions.

then of course, after saying all that, its a combination of that plus he's on a backroad trying to show off with his girl in the car, which typically never ends well for anybody, especially mustang drivers.

im just glad everybody seems to be ok, and the one thing we ARENT having to talk about is him being drunk or something like this. good old fashion car wreck.