Just wanted to check back into this thread and say that if any of you are putting off having a knee replacement, don't. I waited almost 2 years and it now feels that those were 2 years of my precious life wasted. I'm back to doing things I haven't been able to do for quite some time. I can do 10+ miles on my bike (I pushed it a little too much early on and had about a week of pain and swelling). I'm hoping to be back to the long rides by spring. I can walk all day and do yardwork and fairly heavy lifting, I even climbed a ladder to clear out a clogged gutter. I didn't realize it, but there were a lot of things I let go because of the knee.....like clearing things out of the basement, hanging a storm door, cleaning out the shed, etc. I'm getting it done now. About the only thing I have trouble with is putting a sock on that foot. I'm not so sure if it's the knee learning to twist enough or if it's the pot belly I put on over the last couple years because of the inactivity. Either way, it will be fixed. I do have pain is when I forget to straighten out my foot when I get up or get out of a vehicle, but I don't do it that often.

Get the surgery if you need it.