Originally Posted by Floquinho
@Vers.

I have no problem at all to admit that I’m inferior to your knowledge regarding American football. I have only been a supporter for 5 years and I’m still learning but better late then never. I’m almost 60 years old so my learning process is maybe a bit slower to when I was younger. Maybe you should help others with less knowledge then just being disrespectful whenever you disagree in a subject? Come up with good arguments helps. Just a thought.

I do try and educate others about the game. I try and explain my opinions, just like I just did w/Rish. It doesn't bother me at all that he doesn't agree w/me. The conversation was civil. I will say that many posters have told me that they like reading my football analysis and don't respond because they don't want to get in the middle of things. I will say this......it's pretty hard to stay in a good mood when 5 posters follow you around and constantly want to fight. I've put them on ignore to try to stop the bickering, but it isn't helping much. The refs and other posters allow the personality conflicts to derail football topics.

As to your professed lack of knowledge. It's not a big deal even if that is true. Knowing football isn't exactly a great accomplishment. Wanting to learn is a great trait. I just don't like the guys who don't know what they are saying and resort to personal insults to win a supposed football discussion.

Another question.

Do you think only football knowledge counts when it comes to judging managers, coaches and players?

No, it's not the only thing that counts. I do think it helps. Guys complain about play calls and they don't even know how the play is run. They don't know the difference between Cover 2 and Cover 4. They don't recognize trap blocking vs gap blocking or even area blocking. It's a popular thing to question play calling and schemes, but I don't think it's wise to argue something w/such force if you aren't even sure what you are looking at. I would not trash a chef for which ingredients he puts in his creation or even the order he puts them in. I would not tell a doctor that he sucks at saving his patients because some of them don't survive the operation.

I think the emphasis on here is way more about egos and personalities rather than knowledge and the game of football. Just my opinion on things. Btw---you can always PM me if you have a football question. You seem like an eager learner. I'll answer if I am able and if I don't know the answer, I will tell you that, too. Heck, you can ask me on this forum, as well.