The Atlanta game was rough. The things I was most concerned about with the Falcons was a very mobile QB and a top-tier TE. Things that we have proved incapable of stopping in the past. We shut them both down. As well as their top WR. We had a terribly blown coverage on one play, which was exploited. Our inability to stop the run in the 2nd half was what did it. That's on the players. They did not execute.

I do not know much about the Chargers other than they have a top-end QB. I understand that he is dealing with the ribs. Maybe some early pressure and a hit or two tightens him up a bit, gets him to thinking. Having Garrett and/or Clowney back would be huge. Missing the starters on the DL last week was a glaring problem. Our depth ... ugh.

When the schedule first came out we were looking at this game as the first challenge, and the start of a rough stretch. The first four did not go as we hoped. But with Herbert ailing and Bosa out, this makes this game a little more manageable than we first thought. We need to play well to have a chance, but it's a better chance than it looked a few weeks ago.