Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by FATE
LMAO

"We need more analysts... there's a glitch in the analytics and we'll never get to the bottom of it without more analyzin' goin' on!"

The deal is you never know what they were hired for. They might be looking a traffic patterns around the stadium before and after games, or various restroom usages. It may have nothing to do with players.

It was obviously a joke. And if that other post was a jab at me... well, weak. I'm a huge proponent of analytics for all things. I just think our guys seem to get lost in the algorithms at times and become afraid to make a decision that doesn't fall in line with the math 100%.

That said, we have the largest dept in sports already. If we were concerned about traffic patterns, I'm sure at least ten of these people could spend a week on it in the offseason. Keep up the on-the-field antics and no one is worrying about traffic anyway.

My real first thought when reading the news was wondering if Berry approved the hires and considering saying "hey, please don't report these hires to the media". lol