GM said something at the conclusion of the Fire Joe Woods thread about simplifying the scheme. I've been thinking about that for a couple of weeks now. I also want to touch on some other points.

I have heard that our D doesn't play w/any fire and we need a more passionate coach. I call hog-wash. I had good coaches and bad coaches. I had calm coaches and rabid coaches. Screamers and schemers. One even put his hands on many of us. In my case, it was around my neck. What I never needed was someone to motivate me to play my hardest or w/passion. If you need a coach to tell you to play hard and w/passion, you suck!

I have heard that our schemes suck. I look at the people saying those things and wonder how the hell would that person know? I've looked at the scheme closely after the breakdowns in game one and I really don't see anything glaring.

I think there are a couple of things worth examining. There is no doubt that we often have guys out of position at times. Too many easy plays. There is also no doubt that we often have guys in position and they fail to make the play.

I think we might have some really dumb players. I see them looking around and at each other. It even happened last week. Thus, I have to ask is our scheme too complicated for them and does Woods need to simplify things? I'd say that is a legit question and it might help us perform better. I am not saying that our scheme is too complicated w/any certainty. I am saying that the possibility exists.

The second point bugs me. We have too many guys missing tackles and taking bad angles to the ball. That's on them. If I were the DC, I would seriously consider benching a couple of these guys. Grant Delpit would be first on my list. I would consider giving D'Anthony Bell a shot because Harrison is another guy who doesn't play smart. Jacob Phillips would also be benched. Of course, I think Jones is going to replace him anyway this week. I'm just pointing out that the dude is pretty bad. And seriously......JOK needs to step up. I don't like any of our DTs, so benching one of them won't mean much because who would replace him/them?

To conclude, I think simplifying the scheme and making some personnel decisions are at least worth examining.