Another point that has been obvious for most of the year is that we have way too many plays where we get absolutely no pressure on the QB. Myles is getting double and even triple teamed on many plays. Most in the NFL. Despite that, the rest of our line is not generating pressure. Of course, Clowney sitting out is magnifying this problem. This is putting added pressure on our secondary. Neither of our safeties are great at providing deep help. Both are better when playing closer to the LOS. JJ makes some plays, but Delpit is perhaps the worst I have seen in regards to play recognition. He is often standing around on slower developing passing routes. I assume he isn't sure what he sees. Our LBers are not very good at getting the proper depth to help the secondary on the intermediate routes. This is a multi-functional problem, but much of it starts w/our DL not applying pressure on the qb. I am not just talking sacks. I'm including getting pressure on the qb and making him uncomfortable and/or making him speed up his reads.

Someone asked me after the Jets game as to what I thought was wrong w/the D. I said I would try and pay close enough attention to see what I could come up with. My first post and this last one explain a lot of what I've seen. There's more, but maybe it could spike some actual football conversation????