Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Maybe, but who is that guy on the Bills? 49ers? Cowboys? Tampa Bay? Those are top 4 ranked defensive teams this year.

peen, the game has changed a lot. So have the players and how they respond to coaches. It's not like it was back in our day. These guys can't be yelled at. Hell, the Cardinals tried to put in his contract about how much time Murray studies each week.

Not arguing w/you. Just a friendly debate.

Edit: I think those teams I listed have really good players on D. Look at SF w/Bosa and Warner. Cowboys have Parsons. Bucs have guys like White and David. Bills have Von Miller and T. White. Not sure if any of those guys rule the locker room like a Ray Lewis, Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus, etc.

Interesting conversation... poke

It sounds like the analytics folks don't like the kind of football that the Browns are playing now that the entire Browns program is influenced primarily upon "analytical values"..! This is year 3 of the entire Browns franchise operating according to an owner, upper management and front office, including the draft team, the coaching staff (top to bottom) the Head Coach and Coordinators...ALL operating under a football system based on ANALYTICS.

It sounds as if some would like to see a Browns team, especially on the defensive side to show a bit of aggression and toughness from the Browns ... kind of like the Steelers show...like some players on the Browns roster who show leadership skills along with someone willing to fill the role of an "enforcer" .

Players who exhibit values such as aggressiveness, toughness or are overly emotional by the standards written into the " the Browns Harvard Guidlines" don't last long in Cleveland. Players performing outside the Guidelines as outlined by Haslam's Chief strategy officer will find out who the REAL ENFORCER is of the Browns franchise. Those players who don't meet Depodesta's standards of conduct will find themselves out of Cleveland in a heartbeat.

Analytics, especially on the Browns defensive side, is all about "making nice"...IMO

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]