Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Psyd: I really dont want another coaching change either. I think KS has some good qualities. He needs a strong defensive and/or ST presence though. I’m to the point of also saying: Help game plan and script, but then turn it over to Van Pelt during the game.

To a degree, I think this whole issue of play calling is overrated. Primarily because I think play calling, in general, is an overrated concept/topic of discussion when it comes to fans knowing what was supposed to go on for a particular play.

Every coach, every game has play calls that they wish they could have back.
Every coach, every game has play calls that were bad calls, but ended up working out for one reason or another.
Every coach, every game has play calls that were great calls, but were poorly executed by your players or a great play was made by an opposing player.

We have a backup QB playing for us. I think people are regularly (or conveniently) forgetting this. Brissett started off strong but has regressed to his status as a backup. And of course when you have a inferior player to the guy you have slotted in as your starter long-term, of course things that go wrong will be amplified. How many times have we seen that with the QB that have played for this team?

Outside of the Patriots game, our losses have been by 1, 3, 2, 3 points.....with Brissett.
There have certainly been head-scratchers from Stefanski in term of offensive play-calling, but this team is 7th in the NFL in offensive scoring.....with Brissett. Side note: 5th in giving up points.

I guess I just feel like I know what this team is with a backup QB and feel like people don't when they start calling for Stefanski's head when he has Brissett as his starter.