Originally Posted by northlima dawg
Also, on another side note-The FDA with a push from the Biden admin has taken a bipartisan bill that was passed in 2017 but never implemented and last week made it possible to buy hearing aids over the counter. You can now look up OTC hearing aids and buy them at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens and a bunch of other stores. There are a bunch of different options, but they say that the cost of an average pair of hearing aids now would cost about $3,000 less-and I already looked on a couple different stores and there were OTC hearing aids as cheap as 199 bucks.

They could be a black Friday deal-retail price $4,000-black Friday deal 299

When we listen to pundits talk about "kitchen table issues," this fits the definition like a hand-in-glove.

Dems actually get legislative, substantive s# did for Real Americans...
...but they really, really suck at marketing their efforts.

That's why nobody knows about this.

This is the kind of stuff that actually makes a difference in the lives of the everyday people we all know and love...
...but it never makes the headlines, because it was accomplished by the boring machinery of Real Politics:

1. Pass a bill.
2. Make it law.
3. Use the new law to make new s# happen.
4. Get hearing aids to Americans.
5. Grammy can now afford to hear her grandies say, "I love you, Mee-Maw..."

Truth be told: Clemmy's also a big fan of the new 2K cap on drugs for Old Folk. He's old, healthy, and doesn't yet need to worry about the MedCostCap just yet... but it's only a matter of time before this becomes an issue for him. Reassuring to know that his cap is already set when he'll eventually need it.

My vote in action, without regard to blue or red bandanna.
In 2022, America should be more evolved than Crips v. Bludz.

-just sayin'-