Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Now we're looking for DT's. Why didn't we start in the summer. We knew then it was a position of weakness.

Now they're looking for DT's. Why didn't they start in the summer ? They knew then it was a position of weakness.

Did they know ? or was it they believed what Woods felt was the best type of DT for his scheme ?

They see and know things in a different way then

We us or I as a fan. Sometimes I believe we us or I, well not me really lol

Are smarter than them !

No, our DTs don't fit Woods 4-2-5 defense. It's the one spot in that particular defense that requires big, space-eating, block-occupying, guys.

Also, us fans are definitely not "smarter" than they are.

Question...are we going to pretend that the DT talent the Browns are putting on the field is not the talent Woods had a hand in selecting?

These are the guys Woods wanted...Jordan Elliot was a 3rd round pick in 2020 and Woods was the DC at that time...this is his guy..!!

Woods wanted DT Taven Bryan in free agency..Bryan was a 1st round draft choice of Jags in 2018

The Browns drafted DT, Tommy Togiai in 4th round of the 2021 draft with input from Woods.

In the 2022 draft, the Browns used a 4th round (#108) draft pick on DT, Perrion Winfrey...again, with Woods as the Browns DC.
Three of the Browns top 4 draft picks of 2022 were in support of Woods defensive side of the ball.

Woods has had 3 years to develop the DT position, with the GM adding talent via free agency and the draft. Let's not pretend that Woods had NO INPUT into who GM Berry brought in in free agency and who was drafted to help Woods man the DT position of the Browns.